Wednesday, November 02, 2011

081 Week 13 Tutorial & Development: Materiality

Jane wanted to see the "materiality" of my final form coming together and I've endeavored to try blog about it in this entry, as well as the next.

After having gone through a mildly failed attempt at context exploration in entry 068 Development: Context Exploration (failed because the conceptual materiality of the then built form didn't "blend" into the proposed context), I reminded myself again of some of the exemplars that were helping me with the type of materials that my built form should endeavor towards... which will be the Australian Centre of Contemporary Art (below left) and the Registry Office of St Vicente by Duarte Caldeira (below right).


Then I recalled once again the dry textures of Australia during the roadtrip Lara, Alice & myself did a few weeks ago as part of our site research for this design unit (image below).


So I came up with a quick test of materials on my built form.


It's not quite working yet, but I've got a few more render tests to upload.

~ H

No comments: