Tuesday, October 18, 2011

068 Development: Context Exploration

I decided that in the process of my conceptualising my design, I needed to try placing my entity into a context that it is built for. One of the key components of having this entity regularly used and recognised is to have it within or near existing lines of public transport, one of them being the rail tracks. Therefore, as can be seen in the JPG above, this is what I quickly tried doing. The selection of context and site is based on the theme of mobility and my (our group) initial interpretation of "mobile architecture". Mobile Architecture is a catalyst that triggers movement not only within the entity but a presence that spurs the movement and mobility of the people using the spaces within and around it [link to a previous entry on this].

The form is still in a development process, and the context is still open to interpretation:-
rail tracks, motorway, roads & streets and whichever mode of accessible public transportation.

~ H

No comments: