Saturday, October 15, 2011

064 Development: Roofing


This is the development of the roofing system applied to my architectural entity.

Mobile Element(s)
 I think the next stage of development will have to show how this kinetic roof will be applied in terms of its mobility. This program that this roof will be "housing" is intended for the roof deck level of aquaponics system that will be integrated into the pavilion. I am trying to create a system that allows the roof to be mechanically-operated to be opened and closed as and when it's necessary for this "farming" to happen. It is supposed to be one of the imperative factors making this pavilion a significant presence within my A.C.A.E. center. If you've forgotten what the abbreviation stands for, it is Australian Centre for Agricultural Education which I have decided in Week 8 upon consultation with my tutor, and discussion with my group mates.

Architectural Form
The overall form that you are slowly seeing is a result of a developmental process, exploring the variation of my concept inspired by the natural landscape found in the rural areas of Australia - hay, plants, flora and fauna, windmill-thingamajig. It is also a progression of the initial form done in in Week 9.

~ H

No comments: