Wednesday, November 02, 2011

083 Development: Roof Form


The development of the roof system has pretty much been an ongoing process since I first blogged about the draft in entry 063 and entry 064. It hasn't evolved much from the initial stage because I was pretty firm on the basic idea of the roof and I basically continued in trying to model it up using Sketchup. It wasn't an easy process using Sketchup but it wasn't that hard either.

Although, I must say that at the initial stage, during exploration... I did not actually rule out the possibility of trying to form a roof over my whole built form (image below). I think you can quite figure out how I eventually came up with my almost-final roof system.


On a sidenote, I wish I knew how to use Revit or Max or even Catia properly to be able to do a more "fluid-like" roofing system. But I might test it out further after the end of this unit at my own time.

~ H

No comments: