Friday, September 30, 2011

055 Development: Type of Construction

I was mulling over the type of construction that my form will best express the architectural intent and presence.

Strawbale Construction
Strawbale construction came up a few times as I was researching the idea on the basis of "hay" and/or "mimosa" as my concept. This website - http://www.strawbalearchitecture.com/ - gave a pretty good summary of understanding as to how the construction may suit the environment. However, at this point, I am still open to other types of construction. If I am proceeding with a SUPERSTRUCTURE form as an architectural presence, I doubt that using strawbale construction will fit into my design.

Concrete Construction
I definitely won't rule out the possibility of using the age-old popular concrete construction, as concrete is one of the most efficient material to work with. It can give my SUPERSTRUCTURE a sense of malleability and "movement" that I want to convey through my architectural presence. One of the exemplars I have blogged about before provides a very strong influence to my inclination to this method of construction - 040 Exemplar.

~ H

No comments: